terptree: Deaf people staying in hotels

Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 October 2008

Deaf people staying in hotels

I stayed at a De Vere hotel at the weekend and to my suprise there were also many Deaf people staying at the same hotel!

Quite funny as this weeekend had been set aside to plan the future of terptree and there were Deaf people all around us!

This reminded me of the fact that Deaf people are central in terptree and we always need to remember our community .... the Deaf community.

Whilst at the hotel, staff made extra efforts to ensure that the Deaf clients felt included. I was approached one of the evenings by two members of staff who asked me how to sign tea and coffee so that they could communicate over breakfast.

I thought that this was fantastic! A real effort, good on you De Vere - a Deaf friendly hotel....lets see others following suit

No comments: