terptree: Meet Herbert Klein - co-presenting with Esther on our Interpreting and Mental Health and Deafness Settings course 14-15 Sept 2013 in Newbury

Search This Blog

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Meet Herbert Klein - co-presenting with Esther on our Interpreting and Mental Health and Deafness Settings course 14-15 Sept 2013 in Newbury

Introducing Herbert Klein - co-presenter (alongside Esther Thomas) for our not to miss interpreter training course: 

Interpreting in Mental Health and Deafness Setting 

14-15 September 2013 

Newbury



Book your place today at:

Read on to find out about Herbert Klein......

How did you get into Mental Health?
My friend who was teaching sign language for staff from City Lit at the time, told me about a job that was available. I laughed and said that I would never work within mental health!  My friend insisted that I give it a go and apply for the job for fun!
I went for an interview and was there for 8 hours!  We chatted and I had an opportunity to look around and see what things looked like and it was unexpected - but I was offered the job!
I accepted a position on a 6-months contract and then planned to go back to my old job as carpenter, but I am still there after 25 years!  I still cannot believe it and in that time I have learnt so so much.
  
What do you love most about your job?
I have really loved work with Deaf clients, and it makes me so proud to see their illnesses improve so that they can get back involved in the social Deaf community.
  
If you weren't working in Mental Health, what would you do?
I may have carried on work as a Carpenter or maybe in the Theatre.

Sausages and mash OR Coq au vin?
I love French food - so it has to be Coq au vin!

No comments: