terptree: Wanna find out about the wonderful Esther Thomas, our Mental Health and Deafness trainer, read on.....

Search This Blog

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Wanna find out about the wonderful Esther Thomas, our Mental Health and Deafness trainer, read on.....


Places are disappearing fast for our excellent 2-day course on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2013 and would love you to be there:


14-15 September 2013 09:30 - 16:30


PLUS - we are extremely excited to announce that Herbert Klein will also be co-presenting for part of the course - more info on Herbert to follow.


 More about Esther ......

Right.....you have already found out all about Jeni - our Theatre interpreting trainer - but now it is Esther's turn for the hot seat - getting to know your trainer!
How did you get into interpreting?
My first interpreting job was when I was 3.  It was for the police and a man who had left my parents house quite drunk.  I was wearing pyjamas.  
My first paid interpreting job was 14 years later doing a civil service staff meeting.  I wore ripped jeans and a sequined hair scrunchie.   
In the intervening 22 years I've learnt more about life, more about interpreting and have a better wardrobe ethic. 
Tell us about your funniest interpreting moment?
Ahh.
What do you love most about your job?
It's an honour to be in the room with people in the most intimate moments of their lives; births, graduations, marriages and deaths.
If you weren't an interpreter, what would you be?
I used to be a PA for a CEO which I loved.  I also lived travel writing and would love to do some NGO work.

Steak or Salad?
I love steak cooked rare.  But I couldn't eat it everyday.  I can eat salad everyday - especially when its warm outside.  I adore tomatoes cooked every which way and raw :-)
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Esther and that you can make it on the weekend of Saturday 14 September and 15 September; for what will be an amazing course!


Have a great day!

No comments: